Parish of St. Catherine
The parish of Nijemci is mentioned as early as 1332. In the 17th century, the parish of Nijemci had 10 villages with 2,500 Catholics. Today, the parish of Nijemci, in addition to Nijemci has only two branches, Donje Novo Selo and Đeletovci.
The church in Nijemci is dedicated to St. Catherine of Alexandria. It was built before the arrival of the Turks and is mentioned as early as the 15th century. It has been renovated and arranged several times, but even today it stands proudly on the right side of the Bosut coast where parishioners perform their rites and it is a very important sacral monument.
In Đeletovci, the church is dedicated to St. John Capistrano, and was built in the 19th century, in 1872.
In Donje Novo Selo, the church is dedicated to the Exaltation of the Holy Cross. It was built in 1868.